Tuesday, April 17, 2012

TWD Lemon Loaf Cake

TWD Lemon Loaf Cake


What a great and pretty simple recipe. We decided to make this a week ahead so that we could enjoy for Easter.



There she is the pint-size broad brook baker.  She has her favorite food in her hand...butter!




We have a new microwave.  I might have commented on this before but I was so pleased that the butter melted and did not turn into molten lava.





Action shot.  Sarah loves to stir with the big whisk. The smell of lemons was wonderful.  I was a bit worried that without the lemon juice it might not be as lemony as I like. But alas I was not disappointed, but I'm getting ahead of myself.





I noticed that the baking took longer than the time listed on the recipe.  I may have baked for slightly too long but regardless I think my oven took a bit longer.  We made this loaf on Saturday and put it on the counter until we served on Sunday.  I think the day of it sitting did some good.




We served with berries, whipped cream and vanilla ice cream.  My mom commented that it was a wonderfully, almost "light" dessert, after a big Easter afternoon meal. This really is a delicate version of a pound cake.


I can't wait for May; I've been eyeing that Hungarian Shortbread recipe for quite some time.  Until then!

Christina and Sarah signing off.



4 comments:

  1. Nothing better than a cute kitchen helper! This is one tasty loaf, we loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy easter dessert! It looks delicious and great to see how much fun Sarah had.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet helper & what pretty flowers!
    I like the way you arranged the cake and the berries. Such a nice presentation.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful that you have a helper - always love seeing when kids are in the kitchen! And love the berry mix that you served this with. Sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete