Tuesday, September 4, 2012

TWD: Nectarine Upside-Down Chiffon Cake

It may be called nectarine above but we used peaches.  We have a local peach, apple and vegetable farm.  I bought two boxes of almost-the-end-of-season peaches.



Next time I make this recipe I will slice the peaches a bit smaller. The peaches held up beautifully in the cooking but I like them to be a bit on the softer side. This picture is Sarah pretending to slice the peaches on her own; please no worries I did this job.



We used a bundt springform pan.  This in the end was not one of my best ideas. 



Big slabs of butter.  What could be better.  



The end result was very much like granola.  Next time I would cut down on the sugar for the recipe but it was very good to eat on it's own.




Sarah discovered that she loves meringue. The batter of this cake was very good.



We came back from the day before school open house to the cake ready to plate and eat.



Here's a slice.  Again, the bundt pan was not the way to go.  Some of the pieces came out perfect like this.  But half the cake never made it on the platter.  I'm beginning to think this blog is fine-tuning us more as food stylists than bakers!




Can't resist showing off some lavender harvested the same day. Lavender and peaches are a wonderful smell combination.



See you later this month .....whole wheat bread.




4 comments:

  1. Love the shot of the lavender! The cake looks wonderful, too bad the pan let you down. I love your comment about the group training us as food stylists - I feel I've come a long way in that department thanks to this group and French Fridays.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no... Sorry the cake didn't really make it our of the pan.
    What I've learnt from this group? Good lighting is key for a good photo - even if the goods are not up to it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your slice looks very tasty! The lavender is beautiful too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry the pan was a bit of a trouble point. Yes, blogging for the general public definitely makes one look at food differently (pun intended???)

    Great helper :-)

    ReplyDelete