Tuesday, June 18, 2013

TWD: Tomato Galette

There are a few recipes in Baking with Julia that I've gone back to again and again.  This is one of them.  



The dough is fantastic, those tablespoons of sour cream and the corn meal make it so unique. The texture is lovely. It is a complete must in my opinion to put the dough in the refrigerator overnight. 



I will make this again with native tomatoes but I did already have fresh basil from our garden.



I like the combination of the mozzarella with cheddar. We had this galette with steak for Father's Day dinner.  It was fantastic together. 

Broad Brook Baker

4 comments:

  1. Steak sounds like a great pairing for this.
    I think it's interesting to see how different this dough seemed in a savory application vs. a sweet one (the berry galette from last year). It is versatile, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree this is a pastry I will come back to as gain and again. Sounds like a great Father's Day meal!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will be making this one again. It so easy and fresh tasting. Your Father's Day dinner sounds perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, this is definitely a recipe I will come back to again and again. It really is good. How nice, pairing it with steak!

    ReplyDelete