Saturday, January 21, 2012

The beginning

I was inspired today to begin a blog to enable me to participate in the Tuesdays with Dorie: Baking with Julia. It started snowing here early morning so basketball for Nathan and Sarah have been cancelled freeing up some welcome time to begin. I believe that I received Baking with Julia at least 15 years ago gifted by my brother.  It's become one of my most treasured and tattered cookbooks. Having made dozens of the recipes over the years, I've yet to tackle, dare I even write the word...croissants. I've read the recipe over and over in these last 15 years and still can't grasp when I can find the time and the energy (to fail) with this particular croissant challenge.  I guess this adventure, beginning February 7, will force me to take the plunge.

But what about, January 21, 2012.  We took out a pork butt for Sunday dinner, the meat bought from a local beef and pork provider, Broad Brook Beef.  I imagine that the butt will not disappoint.  What better meal to take out of the slow cooker as the Patriots game begins on Sunday.  Alas but what about the worthy chicken wing!?





No comments:

Post a Comment