Tuesday, February 21, 2012

TWD: Chocolate TruffleTartlets

The Broad Brook Bakers are at it again.  Sarah suggested that we get tie dye shirts with the words Broad Brook Bakers on them. Stay tuned for when we have a moment for that side project.


We did the chocolate dough the day before. It was very crumbly as the recipe said it would be.  I added one extra tablespoon of water because it did not look like it would come together.  I think the day that it sat in the fridge made a difference. We had packed away (we are moving) the all-purpose flour so we used cake flour for rolling out.  Using that did not make any difference which was a good thing!































I really thought the rolling out of the dough would be more challenging then it was. If a space needed to be filled with dough it was easy to press in some more.


Ummm. Chocolate.  






































The crusts smelled delicious.







I realized that my mixer needed to be raised up because the whisk did not reach the very bottom so I had to scrape the bowl quite a bit.





Ready to go in the oven.  The biscotti I bought had almond and anise which I love but the kids were not that crazy about the taste.  So we added the biscotti to three of the tartlets and left the other three without.  









Right out of the oven.  We ate one 20 minutes after they came out of the oven as recommended and it was excellent.  Very rich indeed.  We put in the refrigerator the next day and I ate a piece cold.  It was like a truffle with a crust.  Nathan wanted his piece warmed up so I placed it in the microwave for 10 seconds and it came out like the night before, warm and gooey.  I  like both of our versions, with or without the biscotti.


Looking forward to baking again in our new house next month!





5 comments:

  1. Good to know it can be microwaved. It looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, I was wondering about warming up a leftover tart... it was enjoyed cold, but next time I'll do some warming.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those look awesome! I'll have to try a cold one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to hear the cake flour worked.
    Actually, we warmed ours back up in a moderate oven & that worked out well too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I ate the tart last night-Yummy! I didn't bother heating it up> Couldn't wait that long.

    ReplyDelete