Tuesday, July 31, 2012

TWD: Blueberry Nectarine Pie

This is the only pie that my husband will eat.  His uncle made this years ago and he remembers it fondly; I was a bit intimidated because of that but with great ingredients how could we go wrong.  We picked the blueberries about two weeks ago at a farm right down the road.  We froze lots of blueberries for the winter.  The nectarines were grown in New Jersey so they were about as local as we could get this time of year in Connecticut.  The pie crust is one of the best recipes that I've ever worked with.  I would use for any kind of pie and have even used for our family's holiday french meat pie.  The combination of the blueberries and nectarines is wonderful.  I might use a slight bit less sugar next time as our blueberries were incredibly sweet on their own.  


Short post this time.  I just found out tonight that all that gardening has one slight downside.  I have Lyme Disease so I'm a bit achy and sleeping.  More next time.  Sarah and I promise. Check out our soon-to-be onion harvest at the end of the post.


Warmly,
Broad Brook Bakers





















5 comments:

  1. What a cute little assistant you have. So sorry to hear about Lyme Disease. I have a friend who has it and it gives her some grief sometimes. I am following you now and would love it if you would check out my site!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I hope you feel better so you can join us on some more baking adventures! Your pie looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your pie looks delicious. I haven't baked mine yet...not sure when I'll get around to it, but I'm enjoying yours vicariously. Sorry about the Lyme Disease. I have a friend who is also coping with it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice photos - we really enjoyed this pie, too. Is the French meat pie you make Tourtière? My mother's French Canadian, so that's a staple at our holiday table.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry about the Lyme Disease. Hope you'll get better soon.
    You made a beautiful pie.

    ReplyDelete