Tuesday, July 3, 2012

TWD: Hazelnut Biscotti

With July 4th tomorrow I could not get in a hazelnut mood.  I do like them but the taste reminds me too much of the December holidays.   So I opted for what a co-worker said was as American-as-apple-pie...peanuts and chocolate.  I also added Kahlua and the vanilla extract. I only had a bag of Red Sox peanuts so it took a few minutes for us to shell about 2/3 of a cup.  I then roasted the peanuts in a 300 degree oven for about 10 minutes.




I like using my Kitchenaid mixer if I can.



Sarah and I ate the extra crunchy parts left on parchment paper.



Sarah thinks they are very hard and crunchy. She says they taste like chocolate and smell like fresh peanuts.


This is a great and easy recipe that we will do together again.  I almost did a trail mix version adding in raisins.  Next time.


Happy 4th of July!


Warmly,
Broad Brook Bakers

2 comments:

  1. Peanut and chocolate...wow, this sounds great!
    I'll definitely try it... I am Swiss and love "Snickers bars"...
    PS: lovely lovely pictures. Your biscotti look great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Peanuts. Chocolate. Yum. That was a great idea!

    ReplyDelete