Wednesday, February 13, 2013

TWD: Foccacia



I’m so late to complete this post!  Last weekend, I did not read the recipe thoroughly enough so I did not realize that the dough needed 24-36 hours in the refrigerator.  So Sarah and I ended up making the dough on Sunday during the day with the plan to bake Monday night.  After getting out of work late and rushing home, Jason so kindly brought both Nate and Sarah to Sarah’s basketball practice while I baked the Focaccias.  We had a wonderful dinner when they got home.  I was scheduled to leave for a business trip to Florida the next morning.  Because of the distraction of packing I only was able to begin my draft post by placing the photos.  As I got on the plane on Tuesday, I thought to myself, I’ll get to that post this week.  Well unfortunately that did not happen.  My flight was cancelled on Friday back to Connecticut due to the Blizzard that left two feet of snow back home. Still no post.  Well without further adieu , here it is.

I took half of the dough and made a focaccia deep dish pizza using a stone pizza pan. This company Sassafras makes them and also loaf pans that work wonderfully.  I poured a generous amount of olive oil on the bottom of the pan which resulted in a wonderfully crunchy crust around the edge of the pizza. I took canned whole San Marzano tomatoes and squeezed them in my hand and placed on the dough.  I also added Penzey’s Pizza herbs, mozzarella cheese and a bit more olive oil.  It was fantastic.  We took the other half of the dough and make small pizzas cooked directly on our Stoughton Steel.

Warmly,
Broad Brook Baker




























2 comments: