Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Mocha Chocolate Chip Cookies

I must say I rarely meet a cookie I do not like.  These were wonderful.  Let's review - coffee and dark chocolate in a cookie - what could be better?  I broke down and bought espresso powder from the on-line King Arthur store.  Totally worth it.  I only used one tablespoon of the strong stuff not the 2-3 as suggested in the recipe.  Nathan also asked me to put in a little extra vanilla which I did. Hey I love vanilla!  The kids loved the mocha taste, I thought we might not get to baking the cookies!  I did have a little trouble with the cookies spreading a bit more than I would have liked, despite the fact that I did cool the dough for quite some time.  



Every great recipe starts with butter!



The dough was delicious.



They did spread quite a bit. But they were still crunchy and chewy.



We had another winter storm here in Connecticut today.  Here's to nicer weather coming soon! And the April recipes a celebration of the spring season.

Cheers,
Broad Brook Bakers

3 comments:

  1. That dough was good, wasn't it?
    The KAF espresso powder is good stuff. Totally worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The dough really was good. I ate a lot before baking!! And I too used espresso. These cookies are a keeper.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoyed these! It was hard not to eat all the dough before baking. I actually liked the dough better!

    ReplyDelete